1.Thoroughly soak the plant in the pot. This helps the plant come out of the pot more easily. Allow it to drain.
2. Dig a hole one and a half times the depth and width of the pot.
3. Place a small amount of fertiliser in the hole.
4. Fill in one third of the hole and mix fertilizer with the back filled soil.
5. Take the plant out of the pot.
6. Loosen any exposed roots. If most of the roots are inside the soil ball you might not need to do much. However, if there is a tight mass of roots on the outside of the soil ball you may need to break a centimetre or so into the ball all over. Free any roots around the bottom.
7. Place the plant in the hole and cover with soil. Firm down.
8. Make a lip of soil around the base of the plant to hold water.